Hosted by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), 11th Phenol/ Acetone & Derivatives Markets conference on 4-5 March 2014, in Shanghai is all poised to focus primarily on – 'Managing Rising Feedstock Costs & Excess Capacities – Strategies to Stay Competitive' and assemble the who's who of the Phenol/acetone industry. Feedstock trends and outlook in the phenol/acetone market, latest on-purpose propylene production technologies, cumene demand /supply balance, phenol and acetone market and production economics, evaluation of BPA's shifting global trade flows, derivatives market outlook for polycarbonate, phenolic resin, epoxy resin, and China's supremacy in the phenol and acetone market are just some of the highlights at this 1.5 days event.
The event kick-starts with prominent industry players addressing sessions such as 'Global Propylene Market Outlook' by Andrew Lee Fagg, Principal – Energy & Chemicals Consulting, Nexant Asia, who shares the developments in shale gas sector & its impact on propylene supply, on-purpose propylene production in the US/ the ME and Asia as well as market and pricing outlook for propylene. Via paper on 'Global Benzene Market Outlook' Wu Jian, Director, Gemoil presents details on production economics of various processes, regional trade flows and arbitrage opportunities as well as the market outlook for 2014. Chi Lo, Senior Strategist – Greater China, BNP Paribas provides an update on 'Macro Economic of Asia & Greater China, Corresponding Impact on the Energy/ Chemical Sectors'.
A paper on 'China Moves Towards Self-Sufficiency for Phenol & Acetone' will be delivered by a senior representative from Mitsui Chemicals. It will highlight market outlook for 2014, China's phenol-acetone import statistics and derivatives, and how new applications are driving phenol-acetone growth in the country. ' BPA Market Review: Changing Trade Flows on New Capacities' will be shared by Seigo Nishiyama, Aromatics & Industrial Chemicals Div., BPA Dept of Mitsui & Co. while Daisuke Ota of Sumitomo Corporation will provide an 'Overview of Global Cumene Production and Demand'.
Other highlights are sessions on 'Phenolic resin market trends' by Emmanuel Hess, Vice President – Asia Pacific, SI Group and 'Epoxy Resin Market Outlook & Trends' by Neil Chueh Ho Ming, General Manager, Nan Ya Electronic Materials (Kunshan) Corp. Attendees can also look forward to sessions on PC & MMA as well as specific addresses on:
- India's phenol & acetone market out look: Key demand drivers & development – Debashish Nandi, Sr.Manager, Reliance Industries
- Opportunities for On-Purpose Production of Bio-Acetone – Timothy G Staub, VP – Business Development, Green Biologics
- Technology Innovations & Commercialization of Wasteless Process for Co-Production of Phenol & Acetone (WEPP process) – Vladimir Zakoshansky, CEO, ILLA International
- 'Introduction of Non-Phosgene Polycarbonate Technology' - Mr. Karol Kerrane, Business Development Manager, EPC Engineering Consulting.
- Rieckermann – industry solution provider in oil and gas industry / isobis -new generation of bisphenol a process – Steven Li, Division Manager, Oil and Gas Division, Rieckermann Shanghai Office and Maria Majchrzak, Manager, Development and Research Support Department, ICSO "Blachownia"
Supported by RIECKERMANN as sponsor, the conference is expected to be attended by senior executives from petrochemical/ feedstock/ intermediaries/ polymer companies as well as representatives from refineries/additives and catalyst companies, industry consultants, project financiers, international engineering and contracting firms that support energy industries.
For more details see event site: https://www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=140303&pu=224924 For enquiries on registrations, contact Grace Oh at grace(at)cmtsp(dot)com(dot)sg or +65 6346 9147.
Click here for the complete issue.